Monday, January 6, 2020

2020 NFL MOCK DRAFT - 1/6/20

Now that it's 2020 , and there are only 2 college games left, including the National Championship I'm going to put out my first mock of the new year . Still been watching plenty of tape, and there been some changes  . Trying to predict not only the top prospects, but also the complete draft order is still a stretch right now, but I am willing if you are . Right now I see a draft potentially deep at  WR , OT, RB , EDGE rusher , CB , and  possibly even QB if the players I expect to enter the draft leave college .  A few of these guys will get hurt before the draft, disappoint off the field or on the field in workouts & All-Star games , and some probably won't even enter the draft.  However I have already done a lot of work on plenty of players , and still have plenty more to do . I'm making a prediction to guess the draft order on the remaining playoff teams .The picks are all mine , but keep in mind that I still have more tape study to do on these prospects, and a whole lot more I haven't even watched the film on yet . I have broke down at least 3 games of everyone else in this first round mock so far, but have done as many as ten for some guys that I already liked coming into the season . I have done a minimum of 3 games on 157 total players as of today , but I am trying to watch 4 new players a week in my leisure time . There may even be some draft eligible sophomores I don't even realize have a chance to enter this years draft, and after everyone is officially declared I will start adding detailed explanations  .If the draft was today I would have a few trades in here, but I usually don't start adding them until after the Senior Bowl.I have given peak NFL players comparisons so you can have an idea of who your team might be getting , and I mean the established NFL players peak if the incoming player reaches their peak .The farther down the board they are the less likely I think they might reach that comp . So if you wonder why I have a comparison to a better player to a guy I have in a later round as compared to a guy I have going high in the first you now know why . He may remind me of a great player if he reaches his ceiling , but it's less likely he reaches that ceiling if he is a lower pick . This Mock is based on what I think teams will do, not my personal rankings . Although my rankings will still color it, because I think we will see a lot of the same things  Here it is . Enjoy .

# Is for a player with with reported character or maturity concerns.


** Is for a player with reported injury concerns.






1.CINCINNATI - JOE BURROW - QB - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - a leaner ANDREW LUCK - retired
2.WASHINGTON- CHASE YOUNG - DE - OHIO ST.
NFL PLAYER COMP - MYLES GARRETT - BROWNS
3.DETROIT -  JEFFREY OKUDAH - CB - OHIO ST.
NFL PLAYER COMP - JALEN RAMSEY - JAGUARS
4.NY GIANTS - ANDREW THOMAS - OT - GEORGIA
NFL PLAYER COMP - DUANE BROWN - SEAHAWKS
5.MIAMI- JEDRICK WILLS - OT - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP -WILLIE ANDERSON - retired
6.LA CHARGERS- TRISTAN WIRFS - T/G - IOWA
NFL PLAYER COMP - TYRON SMITH - COWBOYS
7.CAROLINA -   **  JUSTIN HERBERT - QB - OREGON
NFL PLAYER COMP - JOSH ALLEN - BILLS
8.ARIZONA -  JOSH JONES - OT - HOUSTON
NFL PLAYER COMP - LAREMY TUNSIL - TEXANS
9.JACKSONVILLE - DERRICK BROWN - DT - AUBURN
NFL PLAYER COMP - KENNY CLARK - PACKERS
10.CLEVELAND - JERRY JEUDY - WR - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - AMARI COOPER - COWBOYS 
11.NY JETS -  CEEDEE LAMB - WR - OKLAHOMA
NFL PLAYER COMP -  ODELL BECKHAM JR.
12.LAS VEGASKRISTIAN FULTON - # - CB - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - TRAMON WILLIAMS - PACKERS
13.INDIANAPOLIS - LAVISKA SHENAULT JR. - WR - COLORADO
NFL PLAYER COMP - AJ BROWN - TITANS
14.TAMPA BAY ** - TUA TAGOVAILOA - QB - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - MARK BRUNELL - retired
15.DENVER - ISAIAH SIMMONS - S/LB - CLEMSON
NFL PLAYER COMP - NFL PLAYER COMP - THOMAS DAVIS - CHARGERS
16.ATLANTA - GRANT DELPIT - S - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - MALIK HOOKER - SAINTS
17.DALLAS - AJ EPENESA - DE - IOWA
NFL PLAYER COM -  DAVID IRVING - retired
18.MIAMI-(steelers) - D'ANDRE SWIFT - RB - GEORGIA    ST.  
NFL PLAYER COMP - DALVIN COOK - VIKINGS
19.LAS VEGAS-(bears) - PAULSON ADEBO - CB - STANFORD
NFL PLAYER COMP - QUINTON DUNBAR - REDSKINS
20.JACKSONVILLE -(rams)- MARVIN WILSON - DT - FLORIDA ST.
NFL PLAYER COMP - VITA VEA - BUCCANEERS
21.PHILADELPHIA- HENRY RUGGS - WR - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - TYREEK HILL CHIEFS 
22.BUFFALO - TEE HIGGINS -WR - CLEMSON
NFL PLAYER COMP - MIKE WILLIAMS - CHARGERS
23.NEW ENGLAND - JACOB EASON - QB - WASHINGTON  
NFL PLAYER COMP - DREW BLEDSOE - retired
24.NEW ORLEANS- JALEN REAGOR - WR - TCU
NFL PLAYER COMP - BRANDIN COOKS - RAMS
25.TENNESEE - JAVON KINLAW - DT - S. CAROLINA 
NFL PLAYER COMP - CHRIS JONES - CHIEFS 
26.MINNESOTA - MEKHI BECTON - OT - LOUISVILLE
NFL PLAYER COMP - CORDY GLENN - BENGALS
27.MIAMI-(texans)- CURTIS WEAVER - DE - BOISE ST
NEW ENGLAND - JUSTIN HOUSTON - COLTS
28.SEATTLE - TREVON DIGGS -CB - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - JIMMY SMITH - RAVENS
29.KANSAS CITY - TRAVIS ETIENNE - RB - CLEMSON
NFL PLAYER COMP - JAMAAL CHARLES - retired
30.GREEN BAY - JUSTIN JEFFERSON - WR - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - REGGIE WAYNE - retired
31.SAN FRANCISCO -   CREED HUMPHREY - C - OKLAHOMA 
NFL PLAYER COMP - FRANK RAGNOW - LIONS
32.BALTIMORE - KENNETH MURRAY - LB - OKLAHOMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - DEMARIO DAVIS SAINTS




11 comments:

  1. What I have been hearing is that Henry Ruggs won't fall past Denver (who needs a WR and LT).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY don't think the Browns user @10 for a WR. OBJ, Landry, Higgins, and others. They really need OT help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why the F would Cleveland take a WR at 10? They have Landry & OBJ already. What they need are several new OL to give Baker time to throw. Their biggest needs are OL & DB and I hope they spend their first 4 picks there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I also think they need a LT more than anything , but I expect them to trade OBJ, and trade for Trent Williams .

      Delete
  4. I could see that happening . Giving them a speedster to go with Sutton would make sense . It's also a very deep WR class, and I expect that somewhere between 7 and 9 of them have a first round grade by draft time . I already have 7 right now ,and that's with only breaking down 3 games for some of them . I haven't watched them all either ,and every year some some small school guy I hadn't even heard of let alone watched until the season's over flies up draft boards. Also someone I didn't expect to may declare for this years draft . Denver could get a good possible starter in the 2nd, and it may even be someone with a 1rst round grade .The Broncos did find Sutton in the 2nd . Last year my top ranked WR ( and 18th overall player ) AJ Brown fell to 51rst pick in the 2nd . Terry McLaurin went in the 3rd . Every year this happens with offensive skill players, although it's always been true of RB's , but also WR's these days because so many college teams run spread offenses ( 4 to 5 receivers) . 20 years ago pro teams had 2 starting WR's , and a 3rd that got a decent amount of playing time . Now most teams in the NFL are in 11 personnel ( 3 WR's) sets most of the time, and you have a 4th WR who gets significant amount of playing time . As for Bolles I think he is a solid LT , and this was his best season, as long s you can live with the penalties . Yes he has too many of them, but so does Tyron Smith who is a lock HOFer . Laremy Tunsil , who was drafted higher and is more talented hasn't played quite as well as Bolles. The Texans gave up 2 first rounders for Tunsil ,and now they are going to have to give him a huge payday too keep him . So I think it's a lesser need for Denver . Anyway . Nice talking with ya . Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. in what world is Tua's player comp MARK BRUNELL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3 people he reminded me of at first were Brunell, Steve Young, and Trent Green .Green is right handed and forced in too many balls unlike Tua. Tua is also extremely accurate like Brunell , throws well on the move like Brunell , and is even kind of athletic with an average arm like Brunell . Not Steve Young athletic, but still very good , and I always hesitate to compare people coming out of college to HOfers if I can help it .Plus Tua throws down the field way more than Young did . He also has a similar throwing motion and build to Brunell. So basically my world .

      Delete
  6. Bill's pick will b exactly this..one of 3,matos..d,end.penn st..or a.j.epenessa..of iowa,d,end..or kaivan chaisson olbkr..lsu.., wr..adressesed in round 2..or 3.take it to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt Epenesa makes it that far, but of he did it would be a solid pick, although I think his best position in the NFL would be as a 3 technique. Although could play him at strong side end on running downs and then they could kick him inside on passing downs too Not sure if Matos goes there buts it's possible. Also , I doubt Chaisson goes in the first round myself .

      Delete
  7. Also..If.im a g.m.i rebuild my oline first w.SULLIVAN KINSLEY..IN rnd1 a guard from Georgia in round,@rht,otkl..Otis wilson..georgia..in round 2..if avail..Bill's o,line wld b set 4years...recie very gabriel Davis in 3..is 6ft 3...that's what my Bill's need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only done 3 games on Soloman Kindley ( if that's who you mean ) so far , but I personally doubt he goes off the board before the late 3rd after what I've seen . The only Otis Wilson I can remember playing football was a PRO BOWL LB back in the day for the 85 bears .

      Delete