Monday, January 13, 2020

2020 NFL MOCK DRAFT - 1/13/20

Still been watching plenty of tape, and there been some changes  . Trying to predict not only the top prospects, but also the complete draft order is still a stretch right now, but I am willing if you are . Right now I see a draft potentially deep at  WR , OT, RB , EDGE rusher , CB , and  possibly even QB if the players I expect to enter the draft leave college .  A few of these guys will get hurt before the draft, disappoint off the field or on the field in workouts & All-Star games , and some probably won't even enter the draft.  However I have already done a lot of work on plenty of players , and still have plenty more to do . I'm making a prediction to guess the draft order on the remaining playoff teams .The picks are all mine , but keep in mind that I still have more tape study to do on these prospects, and a whole lot more I haven't even watched the film on yet . I have broke down at least 3 games of everyone else in this first round mock so far, but have done as many as ten for some guys that I already liked coming into the season . I have done a minimum of 3 games on 157 total players as of today , but I am trying to watch 4 new players a week in my leisure time . There may even be some draft eligible sophomores I don't even realize have a chance to enter this years draft, and after everyone is officially declared I will start adding detailed explanations  .If the draft was today I would have a few trades in here, but I usually don't start adding them until after the Senior Bowl.I have given peak NFL players comparisons so you can have an idea of who your team might be getting , and I mean the established NFL players peak if the incoming player reaches their peak .The farther down the board they are the less likely I think they might reach that comp . So if you wonder why I have a comparison to a better player to a guy I have in a later round as compared to a guy I have going high in the first you now know why . He may remind me of a great player if he reaches his ceiling , but it's less likely he reaches that ceiling if he is a lower pick . This Mock is based on what I think teams will do, not my personal rankings . Although my rankings will still color it, because I think we will see a lot of the same things. Thanks to the guy who pointed out my mistake with Justin Jefferson last week . I would have published your comment and thanked you there in the reply , but I had to pull that one down ,and put up a new corrected one. Here it is . Enjoy .

# Is for a player with with reported character or maturity concerns.


** Is for a player with reported injury concerns.





1.CINCINNATI - JOE BURROW - QB - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - a leaner ANDREW LUCK - retired
2.WASHINGTON- CHASE YOUNG - DE - OHIO ST.
NFL PLAYER COMP - MYLES GARRETT - BROWNS
3.DETROIT -  JEFFREY OKUDAH - CB - OHIO ST.
NFL PLAYER COMP - JALEN RAMSEY - JAGUARS
4.NY GIANTS - ANDREW THOMAS - OT - GEORGIA
NFL PLAYER COMP - DUANE BROWN - SEAHAWKS
5.MIAMI- JEDRICK WILLS - OT - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP -WILLIE ANDERSON - retired
6.LA CHARGERS- TRISTAN WIRFS - T/G - IOWA
NFL PLAYER COMP - TYRON SMITH - COWBOYS
7.CAROLINA -   **  JUSTIN HERBERT - QB - OREGON
NFL PLAYER COMP - JOSH ALLEN - BILLS
8.ARIZONA -  JOSH JONES - OT - HOUSTON
NFL PLAYER COMP - LAREMY TUNSIL - TEXANS
9.JACKSONVILLE - DERRICK BROWN - DT - AUBURN
NFL PLAYER COMP - KENNY CLARK - PACKERS
10.CLEVELAND - JERRY JEUDY - WR - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - AMARI COOPER - COWBOYS 
11.NY JETS -  CEEDEE LAMB - WR - OKLAHOMA
NFL PLAYER COMP -  ODELL BECKHAM JR.
12.LAS VEGASKRISTIAN FULTON - # - CB - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - TRAMON WILLIAMS - PACKERS
13.INDIANAPOLIS - LAVISKA SHENAULT JR. - WR - COLORADO
NFL PLAYER COMP - AJ BROWN - TITANS
14.TAMPA BAY ** - TUA TAGOVAILOA - QB - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - MARK BRUNELL - retired
15.DENVER - ISAIAH SIMMONS - S/LB - CLEMSON
NFL PLAYER COMP - THOMAS DAVIS - CHARGERS
16.ATLANTA - GRANT DELPIT - S - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - MALIK HOOKER - SAINTS
17.DALLAS - AJ EPENESA - DE - IOWA
NFL PLAYER COM -  DAVID IRVING - retired
18.MIAMI-(steelers) - D'ANDRE SWIFT - RB - GEORGIA    ST.  
NFL PLAYER COMP - DALVIN COOK - VIKINGS
19.LAS VEGAS-(bears) - TREVON DIGGS -CB - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - JIMMY SMITH - RAVENS
20.JACKSONVILLE -(rams)- MARVIN WILSON - DT - FLORIDA ST.
NFL PLAYER COMP - VITA VEA - BUCCANEERS
21.PHILADELPHIA- HENRY RUGGS - WR - ALABAMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - TYREEK HILL CHIEFS 
22.BUFFALO - TEE HIGGINS -WR - CLEMSON
NFL PLAYER COMP - MIKE WILLIAMS - CHARGERS
23.NEW ENGLAND - JACOB EASON - QB - WASHINGTON  
NFL PLAYER COMP - DREW BLEDSOE - retired
24.NEW ORLEANS- JALEN REAGOR - WR - TCU
NFL PLAYER COMP - BRANDIN COOKS - RAMS
25.MINNESOTA - MEKHI BECTON - OT - LOUISVILLE
NFL PLAYER COMP - CORDY GLENN - BENGALS
26.MIAMI-(texans)- CURTIS WEAVER - DE - BOISE ST
NEW ENGLAND - JUSTIN HOUSTON - COLTS
27.SEATTLE - SAMUEL COSMI - OT - TEXAS
NFL PLAYER COMP - D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON - retired
28.BALTIMORE - KENNETH MURRAY - LB - OKLAHOMA
NFL PLAYER COMP - DEMARIO DAVIS SAINTS
29.TENNESEE - JAVON KINLAW - DT - S. CAROLINA
NFL PLAYER COMP - CHRIS JONES - CHIEFS
30.GREEN BAY - JUSTIN JEFFERSON - WR - LSU
NFL PLAYER COMP - REGGIE WAYNE - retired
31.KANSAS CITY - TRAVIS ETIENNE - RB - CLEMSON
NFL PLAYER COMP - JAMAAL CHARLES - retired
32.SAN FRANCISCO - TYLER BIADASZ - C - WISCONSIN  
NFL PLAYER COMP - RYAN JENSEN  -  BUCCANEERS 








7 comments:

  1. The Browns need offensive linemen in the worst way WR is actually one of their few strengths. If a top OT is gone, as in this scenario, I'm guessing LB or S (Delprit or Simons).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the Browns need a LT most, but the only 2 I would say are worth that pick (Thomas & Wills ) are gone in this scenario. The Browns have actually drafted pretty well the last 4 drafts , so I give them the benefit of the doubt on not over drafting. I have Arizona over drafting Josh Jones at #9 , but that's mostly because they have generally drafted crappy the last 6 drafts under Steve Keim . Anyway, as soon as everyone has declared for the draft I will do write ups for all the first round teams explaining my reasoning for each pick, and after the Senior Bowl I will start to add trades up and down as well. I also think the browns will successfully trade for Washington LT Trent Williams this off season, and that they will trade OBJ . I do think Simmons is worth that pick, but not Delpit . I just don't think it likely that a guy like Simmons who is primarily a box safety or weak side off the ball LB will go in the top 10, even though I would consider taking him in the top 7

      Delete
  2. You have the Jags taking two DT in the first round??? With Jerry Jeudy available at 9 or Tee Higgins available at 20????? Why would they draft TWO DT IN THE FIRST ROUND??????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right . I will fix that in my next mock .

      Delete
  3. Please put a space between your picks for easier reading. I don't see the colts passing on Tua if he is there at pick 13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. A space might be a good idea this early , but there will be one soon when I include writeups after all the players are declared. Tua is worth the risk to me at that pick , but his medical check up at the combine will ultimately decide where he goes . He has been hurt 3 years in a row and this year it was a serious hip injury , and that could be a long term concern that affects him forever . Also, Brissett played pretty well in the first half of the season before he got hurt , although he is only signed for one more year , and if they are comfortable with this being a red shirt year for Tua that might be doable. Again though, it all depends on the medical report , and after Luck's abrupt retirement I have trouble thinking they are going to go after a injury prone QB .

      Delete