Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The other side of Michael Sam coming out,

The media coverage about Michael Sam has been so incredibly biased that I need to write this just to get it off my chest , even if very few people actually take the time to read it . First off the fact that I now feel the need to point out that its wrong to force people to agree with you , and change against their will on a matter of personal belief is scary & sad .I am 42 years old and the attitude about homosexuality in the public eye has definitely changed in the last 20 years. The all powerful gestapo of political correctness has browbeat, bullied and scared off anyone who doesn't agree with whatever liberal sensibility is currently being promoted. Now, they say it's gay rights, although it seems to me they want more rights for gay people than other people.  Is it a right to force people to agree with your actions? Is it okay to ostracize and bully anyone who doesn't agree with you? Is it okay to claim you are just seeking tolerance, but absolutely won't tolerate ANYONE who simply disagrees with you?

     I am not talking about tolerating people who want to harm gays, harass gay people, fire them for just being gay , or bully children who may have shown so-called gay tendencies. I don't tolerate those people either. I am just talking about people who think homosexuality is morally wrong and don't want to be associated with it. I think it's wrong. I also think it's wrong to do hard drugs, drink & drive, tear other people down just to build yourself up , talk during movies ,and a whole host of other things. I am not shy about saying it and I choose not to spend my time with people who engage in those types of behaviors. Now, I know some people who do all of those things. They all know I don't approve of those things and that doing them near me isn't appreciated. Some will feel they are being judged from time to time and feel some indignation. And they'd be right, I am judging them. We all do it. I just admit it. Everyone who reads this is judging me right now for the ideas I am espousing. Some will be positive and some negative. What I am looking for is people to have the "tolerance" to allow me to do so without labeling me a "bigot, homophobe, hatemonger", or any of the other vile epithets I have seen some liberals chuck the way of people who disagree with them. They try to force any dissenters to be silenced  or go away with these tactics. Joseph McCarthy, Adolph Hitler, The Inquisition, The Crusaders,  and Joseph Stalin would be so proud of the road they are traveling .

Plenty of people judge me all the time. I just don't care what they think , which only seems to irritate them more. The difference is, I don't feel the need to try and force everyone to agree with me. There is a word for people who do. FASCIST.  These wannabe McCarthy's try to force people who disagree with them into their world view. Oftentimes, they use threats, intimidation, and violence. With the thought police of political correctness wielding their spiteful labeling badges and the Hollywood left putting out only their pre-approved messages in  movies and on TV (and OVERWHELMINGLY for the most part in the news media as well), any dissenting voice is immediately pounced on and destroyed. The scary thing is you are now almost forced to care because these same people touting "tolerance" will do all they can to label and discriminate against you for disagreeing with them. A buddy of mine said that posting this article could come back to haunt me . First off , I have never had a million hits on my site or anything like that ,so it probably won't be read by that many people. Secondly , bring it on Adolph! I will never compromise my principles or be silenced , browbeat, bullied, by anyone . I will stand for what I believe and anybody who has a problem has the right to say so. Lets just hope they don't try to keep me from working, or get me fired . Only God or a really good & close by doctor will be able to help the fool that try's violence against me .

     "Judge not lest ye be judged" some will cry. Go right ahead and judge me. I don't care. Not only do I have no need of other peoples approval of my thoughts or beliefs, I couldn't care less about the opinions of 99.9% of the people I have ever met; I care even less about the approval of fascist people . I am willing to be judged on anything I call someone else on because I am not a hypocrite . Some of the people who do some of the things I mentioned disagreeing with (drugs, drunks, movie talkers, etc.) are in some way a part of my life: friend's wives/girlfriends, co-workers, family members, and even past fellow church members. I am polite to them, but try to avoid spending any unnecessary time with them. Life is too short to waste your time with people you don't want to spend time with, especially if you don't have to. There are others that are close to me that disagree with me about many things. One of my best friends is a diehard born and raised liberal on most issues, including homosexuality. I am more of a social conservative and fiscal moderate. We disagree on many things but are both capable of having a logical conversation where we disagree, and can understand the others point of view.  Neither of us feels the need to blindly support the republican or democratic party, and personally I am a registered independent anyway. Both of us think that 80% of politicians are more worried about their own power than they are about doing the right thing. Most won't even take the time to stand up for whatever political stances they claim to adhere to unless there is publicity in it . Neither of us blindly follows whatever the party line is. Both of us have us have worked with a gay man , and while I was just polite and never developed any kind of relationship beyond work, my buddy would crack jokes with the guy. He graduated from Berkeley and his roommate in his frat house was gay. Didn't bother him. Ok, that's him. My obvious point is he is comfortable with it. However we didn't shower together at work and even my buddy wouldn't be comfortable with that. In the NFL, or virtually any big pro sports league, guys have to shower together. They shouldn't have to be naked and shower with someone who is probably going to be physically attracted to them. I also wouldn't feel comfortable stripping down in front of a locker room full of women. I am a one women guy and proud of it. I was discussing this the other day at school and a woman told me if I was more comfortable with my own sexuality than showering with another man( even a gay one) should feel natural . That is the most ludicrous thing I have heard in over a year ! Since I am going back to school right now , and have had a lot of discussions with some naïve or clueless people, that is really saying something . I am very comfortable with my own sexuality . I am not comfortable with his. By her reasoning the most comfortable straight men would just hang out together naked. Heck, they might as well kiss a little . It shouldn't bother a secure man, right?... That line of reasoning is insane , but when I calmly pointed this out, she just called me a homophobe and stormed off. If one guy in the locker room is making everyone else uncomfortable with his "ACTIONS" then he should dress and shower somewhere else . Players are so afraid of being, fined, labeled, punished, and persecuted for standing up against this that they are staying silent. I talked to 10 different guys I played ball with about this. All were uncomfortable with the idea of having to undress and shower around gay men. 7 out of 10 admitted they would be afraid to tell the truth because they believe they would be punished by those in power . In California we not only have to live under Obama's pro gay force fed agenda, but a closeted gay governor in Jerry Brown . Brown actually signed into law legislation that allows any student who "feels" like they are a certain gender (even if they are not physically that gender) to use the restroom they want . They can also  participate in previously sex-segregated sports, activities, and facilities based on their self perception. Not their gender of birth. This also makes my head want to explode ! California is one of the most liberal states in the union, but even here most people oppose gay marriage,  let alone this insanity! These fascist don't care about the will of the majority of the people ,they don't care about anyone else's votes, or about what those people think is right .  They just have their liberal activist judges overturn the laws people passed banning gay marriage . They just want to keep forcing everyone against their will. Like a rapist, fascist, dictator, or any combination thereof . But what should we expect from a closeted homosexual governor who doesn't have the courage of his convictions to admit what kind of lifestyle he lives. If you run for public office character should be the most important thing about you . If you can't be trusted than anything you are telling me you will do is worthless and suspect .Basically I figure you will tell me whatever I want to here , and then do whatever you can get away with when you are in power. Sound familiar Jerry?

Imagine you are a employer who is a fair minded man. You wouldn't fire a man for being gay. You just want him to do his job at work , collect his check, and go home. That's what I would do. I don't think my beliefs should all be law though. I realize that some things are personal choice among adults and don't try to force people to not be gay. However, if I was this employer and I personally believe homosexuality is wrong I would keep it to myself at work . I would urge my employees to focus on work and keep their personal lives to themselves, Still, if this gay man was a bad employee and I fired him their is a good chance he could sue me and win because of my personal belief's. Even though that's not why I fired him, I truly believe the powers that be would see it done . In California both the state and Federal government would come down on a employer for espousing this belief in their PERSONAL life. Not to mention the liberal judges who would be salivating to persecute anyone who didn't tow their leftist line .Why not the reverse ? If a gay employer fired a man with conservative beliefs I bet the Obama led government wouldn't do squat. Even if he was fired only because of disagreeing with his bosses beliefs. A liberal president and governor who control large government agencies that can apply pressure to enforce their belief's seem to think that's fine . Now NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (who has a gay brother ) is trying to force his pro gay agenda on the league . Anyone who speaks out against this could be fined, or punished. Any player who said otherwise would be pounced upon by the fascist pro-gay lobby, media, Hollywood and consequently bullied into silence . Not to mention if a gay player said he felt he was discriminated against , even if he wasn't .Obama would start harassing the NFL or any other business whether or not it was true . Just for speaking out against something you disagree with ! What about tolerance? What about freedom ? What about personal beliefs? What about free speech? What about liberty and the ideals this country was built on? Nope, not unless you are on the side of the liberals controlling the message being broadcast to the masses . If you are on their side then all is permissible and to be celebrated .  Most of the media just keep on marching in lockstep & repeating without verification, thought ,or investigation whatever the left wants spread to the people. As far as I am concerned they are just fascist trying to brainwash & bully any dissenters into becoming silent lemmings marching head down toward the cliffs of oppression .

This is going to be a distraction to any team. Players don't like having to answer questions about other players all the time. Coaches don't want players having to think about anything but playing their best on game day. He could have kept this to himself and it wouldn't be an issue. His sexuality is more important to him than football, That's fine, Ask Tim Tebow how his faith being so publicly more important than football worked out for him . Faith, family, football is my credo . Generally teams love to hear that as your 3 favorite things. I am willing to bet that any player who really lives that motto actually has football #3 on that list. Any person who loves all 3 will probably feel the same . The regular people aren't on the team though . They love their faith and Tebow for putting it out there more than their team .When its so obvious that it drowns out the football part it pisses off coaches, teammates, and others in power on a team  .The nicest guy on the planet was just trying to spread the love of Christ and he was drummed out of the league, Teammates got sick of him getting so much attention. Even though the humble Tebow was constantly trying to deflect attention away from himself .In the end it was seen as a distraction by some . Others were just jealous of the attention he received. So a Heisman winning, 1rst round draft pick QB, who took a team with a losing record to he playoffs, and won a playoff game has now been forced out of the league, Isn't it odd how a winning player of such kindness, humility, and FAITH
has  been drummed out of the league.

In my opinion there is no way Tebow isn't better than most of the league's backups and some starters . I can easily think of about 10 teams that would win more games with Tebow  as their starter. Tebow's way of living shines a bright light , and sometimes it makes others feel dim , less, or exposes their darkness . In some cases his fan base is so vocal that they would want him to play even if he wasn't the best guy for the job . Sure if you are the Patriots, Saints, Seahawks, Packers, Redskins, Eagles, Colts or Manning-led Broncos not many are likely to be calling for Tebow . In many other cities the backup QB is always really popular . Especially when the starter isn't playing well and/or  the team is losing .The cries to play the backup QB would be a lot louder with Tebow behind you. I am a fan of Tebow's , but unless I was an elite QB or had serious job security, I wouldn't want the pressure of having him as my backup either . They got rid of Tebow ,but in this currently Obama led country could they get rid of Michael Sam without major consequences ? I have him ranked as a low 5th to high 6tth round pick based on ability. I looked around the net and no one with a posted grade has him higher than a 4th rounder. I personally believe some moved him up so as not to be labeled "homophobe, bigot ,hatemonger" etc . I probably shouldn't post my own full profile on him, but I will . I am sure it will be discredited by people who will do anything to support him because I am not pro-gay . First ,I will go with a quick quote from the most famous & knowledgeable NFL draft guy in the country-Mike Mayock .This is what was posted on Philly.com after Michael Sam came out ." I watched the tape and saw him at the senior bowl and have a pretty good feel for him , and my take is he's a 3rd to 5th round pick" . Maybe Mike was being nice, but who knows there may be one team who has a scout that rates him as a 3rd round pick. They would be in the minority and have an odd scheme but who knows .

This is my quick and honest assessment of him as a football player . He's too small and weak to be an every down run defender in a 4-3. He only has 2 pass rush moves. Basically he is a undersized situational pass rusher who tries hard . He doesn't move anywhere near well enough to be a 3-4 rush backer, so he is a limited player with a limited upside, At best he becomes a good special teamer you can put in on obvious passing downs right now . His best case scenario long term is he adds 20 pounds of muscle without losing any quickness, improves his array of pass rush moves, and gets strong enough to hold the point of attack as a weak side 4-3 end . So he is a project ,but his motor is good enough you can project him as a guy who can play special teams. That is before you take in his extremely rough childhood, reported hyper personality, his need to be accepted, and the whole gay crusader distraction thing. I wouldn't draft him at all now. Don't worry gay activist ! Someone will and you know it .Even if there weren't NFL owners who are on his side politically , there would be at least a few that would see dollar signs by having a gay player in their city. Obviously San Francisco ,the 2 New York teams , and New England. All liberal cities with liberal owners. Throw in the dolphins because of Miami beach's gay contingent & group of entertainment personalities in their minority ownership . Even add Seattle because Pete Carroll is a liberal who likes specialized players . If none of these teams existed I am confident that Obama would bully at least one into drafting him. Some team will probably overdraft him just to make a political statement , but woe to the team that cuts him while Obama is in power !
I watched the tape and saw him at the Senior Bowl and have a pretty good feel for him, and my take is he’s a third- to fifth-round pick,’’ the Newtown Square-based NFL Network draft analyst said.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Mayock-Sam-Still-Is-a-Third--To-Fifth-Round-Pick.html#ZS6aB9kMMpX85yGy.99
Knowing what he knows about Michael Sam as a football player, Mike Mayock has a third- to fifth-round grade on the Missouri defensive end heading into next week’s NFL scouting combine.
“I watched the tape and saw him at the Senior Bowl and have a pretty good feel for him, and my take is he’s a third- to fifth-round pick,’’ the Newtown Square-based NFL Network draft analyst said.
Knowing what he knows about Sam’s sexual preference after Sam publicly revealed on Sunday that he’s gay, Mayock still thinks it’s likely that the kid will be a third- to fifth-round selection in the May draft.
“My take on this whole thing, and maybe I’m being naïve and altruistic, but my take is if his Missouri teammates were mature enough to deal with it, why can’t an NFL team deal with it in the same manner?’’ Mayock said.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Mayock-Sam-Still-Is-a-Third--To-Fifth-Round-Pick.html#ZS6aB9kMMpX85yGy.99
Knowing what he knows about Michael Sam as a football player, Mike Mayock has a third- to fifth-round grade on the Missouri defensive end heading into next week’s NFL scouting combine.
“I watched the tape and saw him at the Senior Bowl and have a pretty good feel for him, and my take is he’s a third- to fifth-round pick,’’ the Newtown Square-based NFL Network draft analyst said.
Knowing what he knows about Sam’s sexual preference after Sam publicly revealed on Sunday that he’s gay, Mayock still thinks it’s likely that the kid will be a third- to fifth-round selection in the May draft.
“My take on this whole thing, and maybe I’m being naïve and altruistic, but my take is if his Missouri teammates were mature enough to deal with it, why can’t an NFL team deal with it in the same manner?’’ Mayock said.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Mayock-Sam-Still-Is-a-Third--To-Fifth-Round-Pick.html#ZS6aB9kMMpX85yGy.99

I actually heard a guy on the radio compare Michael Sam to Jackie Robinson. Jackie Robinson! Race and actions aren't the same thing . You are born your race .If someone treats you badly because you are born black, white ,with one leg,  etc,  then that is just wrong and ignorant. If someone doesn't like your actions that is entirely different. That is their right to believe in what they want. They have a right to disagree with you ! Their is no credible scientific evidence to logically support the argument that someone is born gay .The liberals will tout any person who claims otherwise, can't admit the parts about people choosing certain actions in life , or any evidence to the contrary . You are responsible for your choices . Actions are what count most in life, not a tiny group of peoples wishes or fairy tale dreams .Then again I believe in personal responsibility. How intolerant of me.

The gay lobby was instrumental in supporting Obamas re-election and now he is paying them back . When he actually compared race/sexual orientation in his second inauguration speech I knew we were in trouble . A pro gay magazine has even put out the rallying cry "Gay is the new black" on the cover. No one is lynching gays . Gays weren't kidnapped en mass, enslaved, raped, murdered, bred like cattle, and degraded without cause. I'm not black but I grew up where there were very few white kids, and I know what its like to be discriminated against because of my race . I know what its like to be persecuted . The close black friends I have been blessed with (both men over 40) are understandably angry about the comparisons, but the liberal media isn't putting a microphone in front of anybody who will articulate this sentiment . I wondered if maybe the younger generation saw it differently so I went to find out . I asked a group of 4 young black men about this on campus yesterday . They were offended that anyone would even dare to compare the two , but at least they calmed down when they found out I agreed with them, and was attempting to at least do something ( whatever small impact me writing this makes) about it . Either way I needed to get this off my chest. Obama doesn't have to worry about re-election now, and he is doing anything he can get away with .  It's certainly suspicious how his stances have altered from term to term on this issue isn't it ? It has been only downhill since his re-election . 

Jackie Robinson had to swallow his pride every day while being harassed by a bunch of ignorant racist wackos. He also endured death threats, bean balls, being spiked , violence, and the threat of violence against himself and his loved ones on a regular basis . He was black and justifiably proud of  it . There was no way it could be changed or kept secret even if he had wanted to .If anyone in todays world  was even accused( whether it was true or not) of just being rude to Michael Sam the liberal media would immediately crucify them . Not to mention Obama and Goodell would come down on them like a ton of bricks. Michael Sam won't be persecuted . It's not going to happen. The worst that will happen to him is some guys won't want to hang out with him off the field, Newsflash! Most guys only hang with a small group of  guys on their team that share their interest off the field anyway .If someone calls everyone they knocked down on the field a bitch or punk ,its unfortunately just part of how they play the game . Taunting and getting inside someone's head is one of the ways some players play . I don't think Courtland Finnegan would have lasted this long otherwise .Personally I would just hit smack talkers harder on the next play, but that's me. I fight like a man . If someone calls Michael Sam a bitch or punk he might think it's because he's gay . He could go to the league and get a player fined and/or suspended . If he goes down that route he won't last long. Players don't want to play with guys who want special treatment , or who can't at least deal with stuff inside the locker room only . Hopefully Jonathan Martin understands that now.  No one has to know your sexual orientation. I actually think people should keep their personal lives to themselves and only share them with people close to them. Then again I am a tolerant man. I don't feel the need to force my life on others . I don't want , crave, or need the approval of everyone either . If the anti freedom/pro gay people ever admit they don't want tolerance, but instead want approval, or they will persecute you I could at least have some respect for their honesty. A couple of years ago I disagreed with them  , but left them alone. Right now they have my tolerance . Not my approval . If they keep trying to force their will on me they will have my undying enmity, but I won't be alone .  The overwhelming majority of people will be with me .  I just hope when the pendulum swings the other way tolerant people like me are in charge . Otherwise I fear they will really find out what persecution feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment