The first 3 rounds are done and while there is some talent left on the board , most of the players are flawed in some way , scheme specific , or projects. The reamining are still listed where we had them ranked. Some huge reaches yesterday have made the top half of the 4th round the place you want to be right now. Still some really good values here.
61. Christian Ballard-DT/DE-Iowa- NFL Comp-Antonio Smith-HOU-The more I watched Adrian Clayborn film this year the more impressed I became with his counterpart.Excellent array of pass rush moves and does well 1 v 1. Struggles if his initial move is stopped and against double teams. Against the run he can hold the edge and attack and shed when he stays low, but he does have tendency to play too high occasionally. Has only average range and could make more back side or penetrating plays behind the line , but t least it's not lack of effort. Fires off the ball well and has good motor. Is ready to be a 4-3 base end now and that's currently his best fit with the ability to move inside on passing downs. With a little more size he could hold up inside full time in a 4-3 or be a weak 3-4 ends against stronger double teams. . 3-4 end , 4-3 strongside end or 4-3 DT makes him valuable. Versatile with the frame and motor to be a long term starter. In a normal draft( less d-line studs as he's a lot like a less polished Cam Jordan) I would say he's a 1rst round pick but now I feel someone gets a steal in day 2. Back to back lit up senior bowl and combine. High floor. steady at #40-UPDATE-Apparently it's confirmed now he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He flunked a drug test for marijuana at the combine. That means he smoked when he knew he was gonna be tested? WOW. At least we know why he still around in the 4th round now.
63. *Tandon Doss-WR-IND- NFL Comp-Mike Williams-TB-Surgery on both groins and he played hurt last year and still played well. Explosive kick returner and big play guy. At his pro day he was a lot slower than he looks on tape. My guess is he's not all the way back yet as he sure looks like he can stretch the field on film. Great hands and catches the ball in stride without a hitch. If he was healthy I think he would be in the low 1rst round discussion, but unless he is healed enough to run a lot faster for teams he might last till the 3rd round. Also can return kicks right away and contribute on special teams . down 1o spots because of injury.
64. Sam Acho-DE-OLB-TEX-NFL Comp- Kameron Wimbley- OAK-when he play with leverage he's a stud, when he doesn't he can get pushed around. Bets rushing the passer coming forward. A better fit at 3-4 OLB than 4-3 end because he doesn't anchor really well against stronger blockers or double teams.
68. Johnny White-RB-UNC-NFL Comp- Ray Rice-BALT_-Leader on and off the field. A homerun hitter with great vision, patience, burst, and wiggle. Runs bigger than he is but doesn't have the bulk to move a lot of piles. Good all around in the passing game. Versatile elite special teamer.
72. Clint Boling-G- GA- NFL COMP- Robert Gallery -OAK- Smart technically sound blocker in all phases of the game . Team captain who has played all over the O-line where needed. Lacks the arm length for OT, but could probably RT or RG in a pinch. Best fit is at LG but has the smarts and knee bend for center despite his height. even though thats the one position he doesn't have experience at. Physical, quick and plays to the whistle but rarely dominates his man. Better football player than athlete . His floor is high enough where you know he's a useful starter somewhere soon and a versatile player that can cover a lot of positions at least decently. Has an off the field incident and suspension for it in his past but no problems since .-up 7 spots
74. Luke Stocker-TE-TENN-NFL Comp-Heath Miler-PITT- A complete well rounded TE . Runs good routes and can move the chains, but lacks the long speed to stretch the field regularly . Willing and physical blocker but he needs to play lower and with better balance. Good hands and a smart player. Better football player than athlete.
79. Jacquizz Rodgers-RB-NFL Comp- Maurice Jones Drew-JAX- Play much bigger and faster than his listed size and 40 time would indicate. Versatile and a high football IQ. Secure runner who rarely fumbles and a constant source of big and clutch plays on tape.
81. Pernell McPhee-DE-MISS. ST.-NFL COMP-Ray Edwards -MINN- 4-3 base end with a good anchor that might need to bulk up and play 3-4 end or 4-3 DT. Great motor and toughness.Raw pass rusher who mostly relies on his power to get pressure but he sure gets it consistently . The leverage and base to hold the point of attack .While he can stack well he needs work shedding blockers. Only 1 year of major college ball but we see him becoming a productive NFL starter for awhile and his versatility means he should see a lot action early.
84. Quan Sturdivant-LB- NC- NFL COMP- London Fletcher- WASH- Smart instinctive player who can QB a defense in a 3-4 or 4-3 and also be a fit on the strong-side in a 4-3. Doesn't play to his timed speed as he is not quite a sideline to sideline player. Stout when filing the hole but too often tries to run around other blocks. A good tackler but not a fierce hitter. He's just a good football player and he will start somewhere for a long time. Has instincts and quickness in the passing game close to the line of scrimmage , but not fluid enough to run down field with TE's and RB's. Special teams experience but off the field issue needs to be cleared.
85. Brandon Burton-CB-UT-NFL COMP-Asante Samuels-PHIL-Potentially a big time ball hawk , as he makes a lot of plays on the ball, but his hands are suspect. Good feet but overall Technique is still raw. Willing in run support but if he was as physical there as he is with receivers he would go a lot higher. Enough speed to get by but not a burner .Good special teamer.
86. Edmund Gates-WR-AB. CHR.-NFL COMP-Johnny Knox-CH- Raw receiver with great athletic ability, solid hands and home run speed. Big play threat who needs to learn how to run routes and get stronger. Past character concerns, older than the average prospect, and inconsistent hands make him a developmental guy with big play ability
87. Virgil Green- TE-NEV- NFL COMP- Jermichael Finley- GB- great hands and this dude can leap and go get it.Good kid, team leader, and hard worker. Undersized but plays bigger and works hard as a blocker. Raw route runner but he sure gets open a lot on tape. In the right system he could be a game breaker early. Highest upside of al the TE's in the draft.
90. Quinton Carter-S- OKLA-NFL COMP-Gerald Sensabaugh-DALL- Big physical in the box safety who struggles in coverage the farther he gets from the line of scrimmage. Fierce hitter and a solid tackler. Overaggressive at times and read and recognition skills need work. Makes and gives up big plays. Better athlete than football player right now but is a good kid who can contribute on special teams . Developmental SS prospect with a high ceiling.
91. Kendall Hunter-RB-OKLA. ST. -NFL COMP-Ahmad Bradshaw-NYG- Good student and hard worker on and off the field. Is undersized but runs bigger than he is with good leg drive and can break tackles and push the pile. Good wiggle and can plant and then burst into daylight. Good vision and patience and hits the hole hard once it develops. Needs work in pass pro and catching the ball right now. Size of a 3rd down back with the play of a every down back makes him a tandem back at best right now. Athletic , fearless, and selfless enough to be a special teamer while he gets coached up in the passing game. .
92. James Brewer-T/G-IND-NFL Comp- Willie Colon-PITT- Has the ability and frame of a 1rst round pick but lacks the polish and technique to be one. Physical strong run blocker in line who can move his man of the ball, but needs to extend his hands and lock out more to finish. Inexperienced and off balance at the second level and he takes bad angles down field. Strong hand punch and quick sets in pass pro but needs to avoid grabbing and keep his hands inside. Could play every position but center and LT along the o-line with coaching. Once his technique is polished and he get more experience he should be a productive starter for awhile.
95. Greg Salas-WR-HAW.-NFL COMP- Blair White-INDY- Hard nosed productive player on the field. Good hands and fearless over the middle. Route running needs work and he has limited reps running a lot of NFL routes. Smart finding holes in zone and will come back when the Qb's in trouble. Willing blocker and can break tackles after the catch but lacks the long speed to run away from defenders.
96. *Chimde Chekwa-CB-OH. ST.-NFL COMP-Eric Wright -CLEV-track star 4.38 forty. Good instincts and read and recognition skills, but raw technique everywhere but press coverage.Smart student hut his football IQ is a work in progress. Raw technique and high backpedal.
98. Allen Bradford-RB-USC -NFL Comp-Michael Turner-ATL.- Injuries and the wealth of talent USC has at RB hurt his production in college. Good kid with special teams experience. Big physical runner who can still make cuts and bust a long run or run over defenders. Best in a tandem role with a jitterbug back but he can carry a team for game now and then. Needs practice in the passing game but when he catches it he gets up field quickly. Doesn't have the carries on him most backs with his profile do.
101. David Arkin-G-MIZZ.ST.- NFL COMP-Kris Deilman-SD-Smart player on and off the field. High motor aggressive mauler who plays stronger than he is in the run game. A year in a NFL weight room should see him being a potential starter at either guard spot. Lacks the feet and quickness to play outside, but has the punch , anchor and hand placement for pass pro inside.
102. DJ Williams-TE-ARK- NFL Comp- Dustin Keller-NYJ- Smart team leader that is active in the community working with youth, More a FB/H-back and move TE than a traditional big in line blocker. Undersized but tough as nails over the middle and can stretch the field, but doesn't run away from people after the catch.
103. Ricki Stanzi-QB-IOWA-NFL COMP-Matt Schaub-HOU- A leader who has played in a pro style offense in college. Good frame but needs to hit the weights and fill out his body. Accurate and has good footwork in his drops but stares down receivers too often. Needs to learn to read defenses better and look off and pump fake safety's. He's athletic enough in the pocket but won't break a lot of long runs when needed. He's a project that can develop into a good starter if he learns the tricks of an NFL QB.
104. Jordan Todman-RB-CT-NFL COMP- Deangelo Williams-CAR-Has home run speed and ability but needs to avoid trying to bust it outside so much. Runs hard but is undersized and won't power through many tackles. He can break some ankles with his cuts but needs to spend less time dancing and get north/south quicker. Explosive when he catches the ball but hands and ball security are issues right now. Competitive blocker but gets knocked back too often.
105. Ahmad Black-S-FLA- NFL Comp-Jim Leonard-NYJ- A better football player than athlete . Vocal Leader on the field with a high football IQ. Small and slow for the NFL but quick and physical enough to make plays. High level instincts and recognition skills make up for it as well. Played against a lot of guys who will play in the the NFL in college and did it at a high level. Will play special teams and be a starter in the league sooner than many think.
106. Stanley Havili-RB-USC-NFL COMP- Matt Forte-CHI- A better fit as a lead back than a FB ,as he lacks the size and physicality to be a lead blocker. Has a 1 cut and go style that would fit zone blocking schemes. Good burst and runs hard through contact. Also a good fit as a 3rd down back because he is an excellent receiver and willing pass blocker.
107. * Taiwan Jones-RB-E.WA-NFL COMP- Jamall Charles- KC- Slightly built small school guy with big play ability. Still healing from multiple injuries. Elite long speed and explosion. Bad ball security and runs too upright. Looks like a spread back or 3rd down back with his receiving skills, but pass pro technique needs work. Not a physical runner and always looking to bounce it outside.
108. KJ Wright-LB-MISS ST.-NFL COMP- Bradie James-DALL-He's a jack of all trades master of none. Solid in all areas but doesn't wow you or make many big plays right now. The kind of guy that can become a productive starter and special teamer, but he will have to work hard to bulk up to make a bigger splash. Great frame to add 15 more pounds of muscle and above average athlete for the middle.
109. Chris Carter-DE/OLB-Fres. ST.-NFL COMP-Tully Banta Cain-NE-Smart on and oft he field. Undersized college DE who's best fit is a 3-4 rush OLB with very little coverage responsibilities early on. Not physical enough in run support and doesn't make a lot of plays chasing. He can rush the passer and that wilt probably see him drafted higher than we rank him right now, but we se him as situational pass rusher only for at least a few years.
111. Colin McCarthy-ILB-MIA- NFL COMP-Paul Posluszny-BUFFp- Hard nosed player who will work hard and do all he an to improve, High football IQ with good read and recognition skills . Needs to get bigger and stronger to hold up in the NFL but he is wiling to take on blockers and fill the hole. Makes plays all over the field but is till a better football player than athlete . Good enough on 3rd down in zone and close to the line of scrimmage. Isn't a fluid athlete that can run down field with faster TE's/RB's if he is playing the outside.
112. Joe Lefeged-S-RUTG-NFL COMP- Brandon Meriweather-NE-KR- team leader on the field with no off the field troubles. Excels at special teams and can return kicks. Good instincts and reads in coverage. Not as consistently physical in run support as you would like. If he played nastier with more consistency he would be a second round pick.
113. Davon House-CB-N.MEX.ST.NFL COMP--Chris Johnson-OAK- Big athletic CB prospect who is raw in most areas . Best in press coverage and is physical at the line of scrimmage . Read and recognition skills need work and he gets caught peeking into the backfield too often. Unpolished in his pedal and coming out of his breaks. Can run with receivers down field but his timing is off on jump balls. He's a better athlete than football player right now with the measurables to be a great starter if he takes to NFL coaching well.
114. Andrew Jackson-G-FRES.ST.- NFL COMP-Jake Scott-TENN-Best in pass pro with quick sets and a good punch. Needs to get bigger and stronger , especially in his base. Overpowered in the run game in line too often, but is strong at the second level. Needs to play with better leverage. Hurt a lot last season and could be a sleeper who can start at LG after a year in the weight room. Poor mans Clint Boling.
115. Tyler Sash-S-IOWA-NFL COMP- Laron Landry-WASH-Good kid and leader on and off the field. Good instincts and flies to the ball Can take bad angles to the ball and struggle breaking down in space. Aggressive in the pass and run game and can overrun plays. Needs to play more under control. Big hitter and good ball skills but almost too physical in coverage. Good enough speed and has range all over the field. With more discipline and coaching he could be a starting SS early on.
116. Ross Homan-OLB- OHIO ST. -NFL Comp- Dhani Jones-CINC- Good football IQ and he can play all 3 downs. Good at everything but taking on blockers. Needs to be protected and allowed to range all over the field. A solid player who isn't physical enough for all schemes but can be productive in the right one. Ability is about maxed out now. Good reads in pass coverage but can't cover fast guys downfield.
117. JAH Reid- T/G-UCF-NFL COMP- Phil Loadholt-MINN-Massive Mauling RT prospect who lacks the foot quickness for the blindside and the knee bend to kick inside right now.Plays angry and to the whistle. Team leader who has worked hard to be as good as he is now.
118. Kendrick Burney-CB/FS-KY-NFL COMP-Brandon Flowers-KC- Smaller and slower than we'd like, but still a very productive player in college . Hard nosed player and technique and instincts are sound. Physical and wiling tackler in run support. Cover 2 corner only and that lack of scheme versatility drops him down a lot. Would be a productive starter in that scheme though , especially in a Tampa 2. With his football IQ and ball skills he could play some FS as well .
119. Casey Mathews-ILB-ORE.-NFL COMP- Pat Angerer-INDY- Great football IQ, motor, and toughness. NFL bloodlines and team leader. Undersized but plays bigger. needs to add 10 pounds of muscle to help him keep from being engulfed by O-lineman. Best fit in the middle of a 4-3 where he can be protected and allowed to run to the ball. Makes plays all over the field despite lacking great speed. Is a better football player than athlete with limited upside but he will develop into a good starter somewhere. Core special teams personality.
120. Ian William's-DT-N.DAME-NFL COMP- Aubrayo Franklin-SF-A stout run stuffer that would translate best as 3-4 NT. Can take on the double team if he sees it coming but doesn't separate or make many plays near him. Good motor everywhere but tires easily. Not much but a bull rush as a pass rusher and mostly just a 2 down player
121. Chris Hairston-OT-CLEM-NFL COMP-Jonathan Scott-PITT- Frame and ability of NFL starting OT but needs to play with more consistency. Injury issues throughout college and while he reportedly works hard is a bit of an underachiever. Flashes a mean streak in line but it's not always there. Plays too high too often but he can move his man off the ball when he plays with proper technique. Strong hand punch but lacks foot quickness for LT. Best fit at RT or LG if he buckles down and wants it.
122. Brian Rolle-LB-OHIO ST.-NFL COMP-Gary Brackett-INDY- A smart fluid speedy player with size limitations. Needs to be protected but he could be a 3 down player. Can play inside or out in the right scheme. Needs to bulk up some to make it in the NFL. Special steams standout and at least a nickel linebacker in a 4-3
123. Jason Pinkston-T/G-PITT-NFL COMP-Sean Locklear-SEA- Inconsistent and injury prone in college . Flashes the meanness and strength to play RT or either Guard on tape but needs to player lower regularly. Quick enough to his pass sets but doesn't re-anchor, adjust , or reset quickly . Best fit inside till his technique is polished and his awareness is improved.
126. Jalil Brown-CB-COL-NFL COMP-Carlos Rogers-WASH- Team captain and good guy on and off the field. Raw prospect with top tier talent , size, and a low football IQ. Indecisive and a tick late on almost every play. Great ball skills , fluid hips , and strong hands could see him help out early in team that runs a lot press man, but anywhere else he is a liability right now. Wiling in run support but he needs more coaching there too.
128. Tyrod Taylor-NFL COMP- MIchael Vick-PHIL- Leader , hard worker, winner, and a good guy off the field. Undersized but has the arm to make all the throws. Athletic spread QB that ran for over 2,00o yards in college. Needs to learn and NFL offense, improve his accuracy, and think pass first. Can run a wildcat and give a different look as a backup coming in due to injury while he progresses as a QB.
129. Marcus Cannon -G/T-TCU- NFL COMP-Leonard Davis-DALL- A massive mauling physically powerful athletic lineman. A true dancing bear with the ability play either guard or RT , but just not consistent enough for the blindside. If he locks on it's over and he will pancake and dominate players with his strength, but doesn't play nasty on every play . Wide and long arms make it hard to get around him even when you beat him off the ball, but he does struggle with speed outside, can wear down late in games . Hand placement sucks as his arms are too wide too often allowing guys into his chest or grabbing outside . Best fit at LG and could be a pro bowler there soon. Has had weight issues in the past but was a fit 358 at the combine.
-MEDICAL UPDATE- cancer was discovered in his medical recheck .That means a possible lost year if he recovers. Doctors say he has a 90% chance of recovery which is good though. down 70 spots because of medical risk. A team with luxury picks could get a steal late. He's in our prayers.
131. Bilal Powell-RB-Lville- NFL COMP-Thomas Jones-KC- Comes from a tough background as is now an example to kids with a troubled past. Great vision and patience picking the hole. Good wiggle and can change direction and burst up to top speed quickly. Runs hard but won't create holes and break a lot of tackles. Strong blocker but raw as a pass catcher. Has had fumble problems in the past.
132. Justin Boren-C/G-OHIO ST.-NFL COMP- David Bass-SF- A better football player than athlete. Physical player who plays to the whistle. Quick in the short areas but is top heavy and needs to play with better balance. Good in a phone booth but not a big help downfield despite the effort he makes to do so. Aware in pass pro and has a strong punch and anchor , but short arms and lack of side step to mirror well. Can probably play center and both guard spots.
133. Joshua Thomas-CB-BUFF-NFL COMP-Jacob Lacey-INDY- He's not a burner but has good speed and athleticism. Fluid elite athlete with a short area burst , even though he lacks great top end speed. Football IQ and read skills are still developing. Right now he's a better athlete than football player. Willing and physical in run support. If he was bigger I would think him a strong safety by the way he attacks people on film, but maybe free safety is a possibility in the future. Has the personalty and work ethic to develop into an elite CB in time, but he needs to get stronger and be coached up right first.
134. Lawrence Guy-DT-AZ ST.-NFL COMP-Marcus Spears-DALL-- Good motor and frame to play 4-3 DT 0r 3-4 DE. Inconsistent leverage are the keys to why he excels one play and gets beat the next. Quick 1rst step and can penetrate when he stays low. May take awhile to digest NFL scheme .
135. Demarcus Love-G/T-NFL Comp- Vernon Carey-MIA- Looks to have the ability to play RT in time and LG at a starter level right now, but thats it. Lacks the feet and quickness to play LT and the strength to play RG or RT right now in most offenses. Got exposed in his bowl game on the outside and had the worst senior bowl of all the potential top OT's coming in. Has played both OT positions in college due to Arkansas moving him around. He's an aggressive in line blocker but his techniques and balance need a lot of work. Inconsistent on tape looking both like a 1rst rounder and a 5th rounder in the same series sometimes. . His potential and the good tape on him may see him drafted higher.
136. Charles Clay-FB-TULSA-NFL COMP- Marcel Reese-OAK- A good kid and leader on and off the field. Can carry the ball better than most FB's and not just in short yardage . Not as punishing a lead blocker as his size would suggest and has a tendency to stop his feet on contact. Needs to play meaner and use his size on a regular basis. A good receiver out of the backfield and a willing blocker in pass pro, but he needs more coaching on technique and decisions as well. Has played RB,FB. TE, H-BACK, AND even wildcat QB. Could help on special teams as well.
137. Jerrel Powe-DT- Miss.- NFL Comp- Vince Wolfork-NE- Hard worker, team leader, and older than you average prospect. Big thick bodied 3-4 NT that can only help on 1rst and second down. Can stuff a double team when he's fresh and stays low. Good motor but tires easily.
138. Shiloh Keo- SS/LB- IDAHO-NFL COMP-Chris Harris-CHI- Great feet and fluidity in coverage but lacks the top speed to cover faster RB's and TE's downfield. Good instincts but needs to be coached up on his reads. Makes plays on the ball in the pass and running games but isn't the consistent thumper his size would suggest. Not a sure tackler in space and needs to break down and secure the tackle instead going for the big hit . Could end up a weakside LB in some schemes.
139. Jerrard Tarrant-S- G. TECH-NFL COMP- Akwasi Owusa-Ansah-DALL- Could be considered a character concern due to a highly publicized off the field incident he was later cleared of. Highly athletic former CB with only 1 year at S but he has elite playmaking ability , and can take it to the house when the balls in his hands. Raw in all areas . Aggressive against the run but his technique is sloppy almost everywhere.
140. Rashad Carmichael-CB-VA TECH-NFL COMP-Pacman Jones-CINC- His college production and ball skills will probably see him drafted higher than this. However he is a gambler that takes too many risk and is undersized and lacks physicality in his play. Best in zone and off man, but he needs to play stronger in bump and run . Iffy in run support and not a physical player anywhere. If he was more wiling to support the run I would think him a safety but he plays soft.
141. *Greg Romeus-DE-PITT- NFL COMP-Alex Carrington-BUFF.- He can play the strongside in a 4-3 but we think he would be best served putting on 25-30 pounds and playing weakside 3-4 end. He has the frame for it and excels stopping the run. Lacks the elite speed to rush the passer but gives good effort. Once considered a lock for the first round but multiple injuries have robbed him of some of his explosion, and he probably won't be ready to start the season .Considered a good guy off the field but work ethic has been questioned in the past.
143. Jeremy Kerley-WR-TCU- NFL Comp-Patrick Crayton-SD-Good kid on an off the field. Potential slot receiver with the ability to find holes in zone underneath. More quick than fast with a good burst after the catch. Will need to learn NFL routes but he shows the ability to plant his foot and separate. Tough kid with good ball skills and can returns kicks
144. Buster Skrine-CB-CHATT-NFL COMP-Orlando Scandrick-DALL- Team captain and good person on and of the field. Track-star speed and elite special teams ability. Raw undersize corner prospect that needs to prove himself against a higher level of competition and improve his technique in all areas. Willing in run support and a hard worker but he's a developmental CB right now. Better athlete than football player.
145. Maurice Hurt-G- NFL COMP-FLA-Brandon Moore-NYJ- A mean streak in line blocker that creates movement off the ball. Strong hand punch in pass pro but needs to slide step and shuffle better. Flashes the ability to dominate his man in the run game but doesn't always finish. Not very athletic overall . Will pull and make an effort downfield but his angles are off . Needs to keep his feet moving more consistently.
146. Robert Sands -S/LB-WVA-NFL COMP-Kerry Rhodes-AZ-Good kid and team leader. Tall and a big safety who is a tick slow on his reads in coverage. Not very fluid and doesn't turn and well quickly. Physical against the run and he reads his keys well there. Might be a better fit as weak-side 4-3 lb and can help as nickel LB early on. Has the speed and ball skills for safety but is almost LB size now. Developmental athlete with special teams ability.
147.Richard Sherman-S/CB-STAN-NFL COMP-Brandon Browner-SEA- Will need to either transition to free safety, play a lot of press man, or play CB in a Tampa 2 scheme at the next level due to lack of speed & flexibility. A big framed developmental guy that is really grabby right now . Physical former receiver with good ball skills .
148. Greg Jones-LB-MICH. ST.- NFL COMP-Andra Davis-BUFF- Team leader with a high football IQ that needs to play more physical. Needs to be protected and learn to take on and separate from blocks better. Really bad senior bowl week. A little more willingness to fill and a lower pad level could see him as a long term starter.
149. Wesley Saunders-TE- S. CAR- NFL COMP- Jeremy Stevens- RET.-All the talent to be a 3 down star TE in the NFL , but a lot of character issues and lack of effort could see him go undrafted. On the field he's a 3nd round pick with 1rst round potential, but his past will hurt him come draft day. Needs to go to a team with a strong locker room to mentor him to justify a 5th round pick.
150. *Brandon Hogan-CB-WVA-NFL COMP-Terrence McGee-BUFF-A string of off the field incident make him a risk for any NFL team to even draft . Best in a cover 2 scheme and he plays with a chip on his shoulder. Plays angry in run support and can deliver a big hit or make a solid tackle where it's needed. Former receiver with good hands but gives up too many catches. Might be a better fit at FS as he breaks on the ball well when it's front of him.
153. Daniel Kilgore- G-APP. ST- NFL COMP-Kyle Kosier- DALL- Hard nosed versatile player. A limited athlete but physical football player . Can play multiple positions along the O-line. Needs to prove himself more against a higher level of competition and improve technique.
154. Cecil Shorts-WR-MT. Union-NFL COMP-Julian Eidelman-NE-Small school team leader with a high football IQ . Can play RB ,wildcat QB, and WR but he needs to get stronger to hold up in the NFL . Decent after the catch and strong hands. Will be a good underneath guy but lacks long speed to outrun the NFL players downfield. Willing blocker and special teams personality.
155. Derick Locke-RB-KY-NFL COMP-Leon Washington-SEA- Blazing speed and can take it to the house. Ankle breaker who can make people miss but he looks to break it outside even when it's not there. Undersized and lacks the frame and hard-nosed running style to be more than a complimentary back . Strong in pass pro for his size and can take a swing pass a long way . Still learning the finer points of RB, but he could be a star as a KR as well.
156. Henry Hynoski-FB-PITT-Huge fullback prospect that makes his block but doesn't blow up people they way you would expect from a 260 lb.man. If he played lower with more knee bend and exploded his hips better on contact he would be a declete machine. Eliminates his man from the play and keeps his feet moving consistently to the whistle. Can pass block as well and is a decent receiver out of the backfield but isn't fast enough to make big plays after the catch. Bruising short yardage runner with surprising vision and patience.
157. Cliff Mathews-DE-S.CAR.-NFL COMP-Erik Walden-GB- Leader and hard worker on and off the field. Undersized college DE who needs to bulk up before he can become a starter in the NFL . Good hand fighter but plays too high and can't hold the POA well. Array of pass rush moves but lacks the burst to be more than a pressure player right now. Good motor and the type of guy that can excel on special teams till his technique and strength improve.
158. Owen Marecic-FB/LB-Stan-NFL COMP- Spencer Larsen-DEN-Smart fierce competitor. A try hard guy who lacks NFL athletic ability but will make a roster somewhere due to his willingness to do whatever the team needs. Ability to play FB/TE/H-Back/LB and contribute on special teams.
160. *Mark Herzlich-LB-BC- NFL Comp- Barrett Rudd-TB- If not for cancer the previous year he would have been a top 20 pick this season . He was the most fluid instinctive coverage LB I had seen in years and was above average in most areas as well. Doesn't look all the way back yet based on last seasons film, but he still made some big plays last season . Definitely not as fast or sudden as he was yet but he's worth the risk this late, as he was one of the few guys who could play the middle in a Tampa 2 at a high level before the disease struck. At least a nickel LB and special teamer early on, and can play ILB or OLB depending on scheme.
161. Will Hill-S- FLA-NFL COMP-Sean Jones-TB-Surprise entry for the draft who really should have went back to school to improve his draft stock. Good Special teamer. Highly talented, but wildly inconsistent. Better athlete than football player. Benched and criticized by coaches last year. Technique is shoddy in most areas and he tries too often to make highlight plays instead of making sure he makes the actual play .
162. Ronald Johnson-WR-USC-NFL COMP-USC-Bernard Berrian-MINN- Big play potential and speed down field but inconsistent hands. Needs work on route running and put on more size so he can hold up over the middle better . Kick return skills and could also be gunner on special teams. has the work ethic to improve and be at least a slot receiver down the line.
163. Dion Lewis-RB-PITT-NFL COMP-Darren Sproles-SD- Scat back with big play ability and a frame too small to be more than a complimentary player. Too weak a blocker in the passing game to be a 3rd down back right now but should develop into one in time. Good hands but needs to go north/south as soon as he catches the ball more often. Great wiggle and burst to daylight but lacks long speed. Past fumbling problems
164. Chris L. Rucker-CB/S-MICH ST.-NFL COMP-Ronde Barber-MICH ST.- A lot of off the field troubles knock him back a lot. May be off many teams boards because of it. Safety size and CB skills. Best fit in cover 2 scheme where his size and physicality are needed
165. Jordan cameron-TE-USC-NFL COMP-Jimmy Graham- NO- Former basketball player with the frame to add a lot more weight. Long arms, height, and leaping ability to get to balls other can't. Raw developmental guy that needs to bulk/ toughen up as a blocker, learn how to run routes and improve his football IQ.